1. He never buys mineral water. SANV
2. Do you speak Dutch? ASV
3. Does she have….?
4. I don’t believe……
5. Does she do……?
1. Does she always walk to work?
2. Do they often fly to NY?
3. Does he usually do the cooking?
4. Does she have a new mobile?
5. Do they know how we feel?
1. They’re painting the..
2. Are the boys playing today?
3. I’m not staying here on my own!
4. J’s brother’s driving me crazy.
5. Who’s coming with us?
1. I don’t see what you mean. (see= understand Vd’E; Vd’E;)
2. He’s seeing Mr. Crow (at the moment = now°
3. I think she’s having lunch right now. Think= avis; have =activité)
4. what’s she singing? It sounds terrible!
5. They’re thinking of moving…(= refléchir)
6. You look / ‘re looking worried. What are you thinking about?
7. Does this book belong to you? Vd’E
8. What do you mean by that? Vd’E
9. I definitely prefer to play chess. Vd’E
10. You have all the… = possession = Vd’E
5. Formez un énoncé au prétérit simple.
1. I WENT to
2. SHE DIDN’T HAVE any money and I ONLY HAD £2
3. DID SHE LEAVE a message? What time DID SHE PHONE?
4. HE GAVE us the key to his flat but WE FORGOT to take it with us.
5. SHE NEVER TOLD us about it.
6 Mettez les verbes entre parenthèses:
- au prétérit
1. I FORGOT to phone the dentist.
2. He MADE his bed and WENT out.
3. We only HEARD the end of the concert.
- au present perfect
4. They HAVE LENT me their binoculars.
5. She HAS NOT FINISHED YET.
6. He HAS JUST WON the first prize.
7. Mettez les verbes entre parenthèses au prétérit simple ou au present perfect simple.
1. Something incredible HAS JUST HAPPENED to me! (Cela me touché maintenant/toujours +just)
2. HAVE YOU EVER HEARD of Duncan Martin? (vos experiences +ever/never )
3. Well, I WENT to W.H. Smith yesterday morning. (daté- ex. Last; …ago)
4. He WAS there and he CAME and TALKED to me after the show. (Daté+ récit)
5. When DID YOU TELL your parents about it? (Cherche à dater l’évenement)
6. I HAVE ALREADY ASKED you a hundred times! (Cela me touché maintenant/toujours- je suis en colère))
8. Complétez avec FOR ou S/NCE.
1. We've been waiting here SINCE 4o'dock! 2.I haven't heard from them FOR two weeks. 3. We've known each other SINCE 2003. 4. They've been living in Bath SINCE last month.
9. Complétez avec FOR, SINCE, AGO ou DUR/NG.
1. How long AGO did you first go to
10. Traduisez en utilisant FOR et le temps approprié.
1. Elle a été malade pendant deux jours la semaine dernière.
SHE WAS SICK FOR 2 DAYS LAST WEEK
2. Nous avons cet ordinateur depuis un an.
WE HAVE HAD THIS COMPUTER FOR A YEAR
3. Leur fils est en Indonésie depuis trois mois.
THEIR SON HAS BEEN IN
4. Hier, il m'a parlé pendant à peu près vingt minutes au téléphone.
YESTERDAY HE SPOKE TO ME ON THE PHONE FOR ABOUT 20 MINUTES
5. J'ai essayé d'arranger cette porte pendant près d'une heure et j'ai abandonné).
I TRIED TO FIX THIS DOOR FOR AN HOUR AND I GAVE UP
Mettez les verbes entre parenthèses au pluperfect simple.
1. When I got into the hall, I realized that they HAD STOLEN my luggage.
2. I wondered why he HAD NEVER CAUGHT her attention.
3. Why HAD SHE NOT SHOWN them the photographs before?
4. Now he knew why they HAD FORBIDDEN him to invite Helen.
Exercices de synthèse
1. John's swimming suit’s = IS hanging in the garage.
2. Who's = HAS ever heard of him?
3. He's = HAS been looking for you.
4. I’d = HAD never realized who he was.
5. She's = HAS been hurt.
6. He's = IS seriously wounded.
13 Reformulez les phrases à l'aide du verbe entre parenthèses et de AGO.
1. I've been learning Chinese for four months. -+ I (startED LEARNING CHINESE 4 MONTHS AGO..).
2. She's been a TV reporter since 2002. -+ She (bEcame A TV REPORTER 5 YEARS AGO .. .)
3. He's had this silly dog for years. -+ He BOUGHT THIS SILLY DOG YEARS AGO
4. I've known Martha for two years. -+ I MET MARTHA 2 YEARS AGO
14 Mettez les verbes entre parenthèses au prétérit simple ou au prétérit BE+ING.
1. It WAS around midday; we WERE VISITING the king's bedroom when I SAW it in a
mirror: a ghost!
2. I WAS STILL LOOKING at the mirror when my father CALLED out).
3. We WERE HAVING a quiet talk when we HEARD the noise.
4. She WAS NOT WORKING when I ARRIVED; she WAS LYING on her bed!
15 Mettez le verbe entre parenthèses au prétérit simple ou au present perfect simple.
1. I don't think she HAS FOUND the recipe yet.
2. Look! They HAVE BROKEN all the windows!
3. She STAYED with them for two weeks last year.
4. I HAVE KNOWN her for ten years: she's not stupid!
5. He HAS HAD that teddy bear since he WAS a kid.
6. She (lie down) and soon (fall) asleep.
7. (you - know) that the Titanic (sink) on her maiden voyage?
16. Mettez les verbes entre parenthèses au prétérit simple ou au pluperfect.
1 HAD HE ALREADY HEARD of them? he wonderED.
2. She (smileD) because he HAD FORGOTTEN her name.
3. I WAS scared for I HAD NEVER RIDDEN a camel before!
4. Sammy HAD KNOWN Julia for three years when they GOT married.
5. When I finally ARRIVED my friends HAD ALREADY LEFT!
1. I can always come back later.
2. He met his wife a year ago.
3. We enjoyed the play very much last night.
4. She has never talked to her parents the way you do.
5. He often phoned his brother in those days.
1. Does J have a problem?
2. Has she been crying?
3. Did you often talk to him?
4. Did they have to answer all the questions?
5. Had they left their car in the garage?
Did he go to
7. Has he been writing to her?
8. Did she throw away all his love letters?
9. Had he forgotten to call her?
10. Did they drink too much champagne last night?
11. Does she know what suffering means?
Had they just come from
13. Did he see her read the letter and blush?
14. Does she have red hair and..?
15. Did he become a famous writer and earn..?
1. How old was/is D B ?
2. What is he like??
3. When did he join M U?
4. How long ago did he first win with M U?
5. How long has he been a professional player then?
6. How often did he train as a child?
7. When and where did he marry Spice girl...?
8. How many children has he got?
9. Whose names are tattooed on his body?
1. How long ago did a British tourist nearly lose himself...?
2. How far did he walk?
3. Who called him?
4. Why did she start to cry?
5. How long did it take him...?
6. What had he climbed into a tree for?
1. How many people were homeless?
2. What are ...islanders facing?
How much will
4. Who promised to donate 180million euros?
5. How long did TV channels devote to reading the names of the missing?
6. Where do many volunteer nurses come from?
1. So do I
2. Neither do I
3. Nor have I
4. So have I
5. I did
6. Well, I don’t.
7. Yes, I think so.
8. Of course not.
9. I’m afraid not.
10. No, I don’t think so.
1. aren’t they?
2. has she?
3. doesn’t he?
4. did you?
5. did they?
6. shall we?
7. will you?
1. What a sight!
2. How gorgeous
3. What an
6. What a
1. Be understanding!/ Do try to be...!
2. Don’t overcook ....!
3. Move to the left...!
4. Let’s play chess!
5. Let’s buy her a....!
6. Let’s not argue ...!
1. yourself ; our ; yourself ; we ; your ; you;
2. Yours; your;
3. You; us; your; us; we; your; our
4. Yours; your
1. She took my bag, not hers.
2. The blue one’s mine. His is green.
3. “Where’s Jim , isn’t it his computer?
“No. It’s ours!”
4. The hat’s his. Her hat is on the chair.
There’s their they’re their they’re their theirs.
1. Someone ; no one ; anyone ;
2. Anyone ;
3. Someone ;
4. Anyone ;
5. No one’s ;
1. Some one ; anyone ;
2. Nobody ; someone ;
1. Everyone ;
2. No one
4. Every ;
1. less interesting
3. less expensive.